The Home Care Maintenance Plan is designed to completely maintain a home from top-to-bottom, inside-and-out. It covers all home maintenance which is defined as the observation, reporting, adjusting, cleaning, lubricating, tightening and general servicing that is needed to keep functional home items operating according to their intended use.
Every maintenance plan begins with a comprehensive inspection to categorize the type of fixtures you have so that Rest Assured will have a knowledge database of all the types of fixtures, sizes of filters, and appliances that are in your home. There is a one time $100.00 fee for this initial assessment. This allows our technician to bring with them the correct parts at the time of the monthly visits. It saves time for the homeowner and gives the technician more time to maintain your home.
Each plan includes general maintenance such as replacing heating filters, removing leaves from gutters once a year, tightening and adjusting faucets and shower heads, small repairs to walls and floors and more. We take a thorough look at the rest of your home every quarter so we can head off any major repairs.
Major repairs or remodels are scheduled and quoted and performed separately by thoroughly vetted partners. See below for a complete list of what is included in our visits. 1.5 hours of additional labor per month is included to be used for whatever the homeowner wants to be done as well. We also include up to $30.00 in parts per month.
Give us a call, or contact us through our website and we’d be happy to send you more information describing exactly what is covered by the Home Care Maintenance Program.
Who are typical users of the Home Care Maintenance Plan? Many of our customers fall into one of the following categories:
- Active Seniors and/or thier children
- Busy Families
- Busy Professionals
Mature adults who would like to stay in their own home, but are at a point in life where they’re ready to let someone else deal with physical demands of maintaining their home so they can "Age in Place" are perfect for this service.
Rest Assured provides a much-needed solution for aging adults, especially in those situations where the caregiving children have relocated to different parts of the country or world, and their parents need some help taking care of their home.Children of Aging Parents will often purchase the Home Care Maintenance Program for their parents.
The Home Care Maintenance Plan is a way to ensure that the home is being properly maintained while providing a healthy and safe environment for aging parents. What a great way to give back to your parents for all they have done for you! Caregiving children don’t have to give up their time, evenings and weekends maintaining their parent’s home.
Busy families and professional also benefit from this program. This includes people who do not have the time, interest, or skills to maintain their home or those who would simply rather be doing other more enjoyable things in life. Rest Assured provides an option that has never before existed - the option to outsource home maintenance to professionals who are dedicated to residential maintenance. The Home Care Program is a way to hand over much of your ‘To-do’ list to professionals who are more than happy to do it for you.
The time, physical ability, skills, and tools needed to properly maintain a home can be daunting for many. This can be especially true for single parents and surviving spouses.
Just about everyone is thrilled to get away from doing the home maintenance chores. Being able to provide our customers that most precious gift of extra time or a solution to a difficult problem in life are some of the greatest joys we receive at Rest Assured.
Are there any other fees?
Only if we have to buy materials that cost over $30.00 in total per month. Caulking, heater filters, LED lightbulbs, washers for faucets and more are included. We stock many parts, but if we don't have it with us, we will let you know what is needed for our next visit and you can either choose to get it yourself or have us pick up the supplies. If the repairs are more of a concern and need to be addressed before our next visit, we will talk this over with you and take whatever action you want us to. Unscheduled visits are at $75 an hour with a 1.5-hour minimum.
What will you do during the visits?
- Exterior home evaluation
- Inspect fire extinguishers
- Inspect smoke/Carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries yearly
- Clean kitchen oven filter
- inspect stairs and railings
- Check and replace light bulbs as needed and replace with LED bulbs
- Clean heat registers and exhaust vents
- Inspect and tighten towel bars/toilet paper holders
- Inspect washing machine hoses
- Inspect refrigerator water line
- Clean dishwasher filter and add freshener
- Add baking soda to the refrigerator
- Inspect interior plumbing for leaks
- Change AC/Furnace filters
- Lubricate all windows and doors as needed
- Clean water faucet aerators
- Lubricate sliding glass doors
- Test GFCI outlets
- Inspect toilets for proper operation
- Inspect all kitchen and bathroom hardware for wear
- Exercise Electrical breakers
- Inspect door and window caulking
- Reverse ceiling fan direction
- Clean sink p-traps
- Exercise plumbing shutoff valves
- Winterize/un-winterize outside faucets
- Check hose bibs for proper operation
- Clean dryer vents at both ends
- Clean refrigerator coils
- Inspect weather stripping on doors and replace if needed
- Clean AC/Heat pump coils
- Inspect garage doors and lubricate
- Hot water heater sediment flush
- Test hot water heater relief valve
- Test sump pump
- Tub/shower/sink caulk inspection
- Test all accessible electrical outlets and switches